Hello, friends. Autumn is when Gray Days and Gold doubles down on our melancholy mood, so if you’re comforted by thoughts of how everything decays then you’re in the right place. Pull your chair up to the warm, crackling glow of our audio stream for new music from this month’s most adventurous and tuneful artists.
You can listen to this episode via the embedded player just below in this post—if you don’t see it, try turning off your ad-blocker then reloading the page—or on the Mixcloud website, via the Mixcloud mobile app, on your Sonos system, etc.
If you like what you hear, please support the artists. You’ll find buy links to all the tracks in the bulleted list below.
- Rachael Dadd, “For Honey and Ray” (2022) • BUY
- Soy Un Caballo, “La lumière sur le pelouse” (2007) • BUY
- Woodkid, “Altamira Oriole” (2022) • BUY
- Macie Stewart, “Defeat” (2022) • BUY
- Bibio, “Phonograph” (2022) • BUY
- Beth Orton, “Fractals” (2022) • BUY
- Craig Fortnam, “Running All the Way” (2022) • BUY
- The Cleaners from Venus, “Chime On Chime” (2022) • BUY
- Uwade, “Mine Is Not Your Beauty” (2022) • BUY
- Anguilles, “Sans intervention” (2022) • BUY
- Aoife Nessa Frances, “Emptiness Follows” (2022) • BUY
- Chris Brain, “Golden Eagle” (2022) • BUY
- Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks, “I Scare Myself [Live on KSAN]” (1971) • BUY
If you’d like to know more about The Birdsong Project, start with this article on Audubon’s website and follow their link to a dedicated page detailing which artists are on each of the five volumes.
As always, thanks for listening. If you have questions, suggestions, etc. please feel free to contact me. And if you’d like to receive these posts via email, you can sign up here. Take care, and I hope you’ll tune in again soon.
[Art: Autumn Maples with Poem Slips, Tosa Mitsuoki, c. 1675]