Hello, friends. Things are tough out there. Spending an hour drifting into a hazy, sun-dappled reverie while discovering some excellent new music might be just the ticket to recharge your cells before heading once more into the breach. Good thing you’ve got Gray Days and Gold, your reliable source for maximum melody and moderate melancholy.
You can listen to this episode via the embedded player just below in this post—if you don’t see it, try turning off your ad-blocker then reloading the page—or on the Mixcloud website, via the Mixcloud mobile app, on your Sonos system, etc.
There’s also a more barebones iteration of this episode’s playlist on Spotify (minus my commentary, as well as songs that are missing from their library).
If you like what you hear, please support the artists. You’ll find buy links to all the tracks in the bulleted list below.
- Son Parapluie, “Je ne finis rien” (2022) • BUY
- Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler, “The Eagle & The Dove” (2022) • BUY
- O’o, “Spin” (2022) • BUY
- Owen Duff, “Genet On Uranus (The Story Of Us)” (2022) • BUY
- Gordon Bennett, “Mandarin, The Dazzle Duck” (2022) • BUY
- Pneumatic Tubes, “Summer’s Children” (2022) • BUY
- Pneumatic Tubes, “People Make the World Go Round” (2022) • BUY
- Travesía, “En Este Momento” (1983) • BUY or VINYL REISSUE
- The Cleaners From Venus, “The Streets of Pimlico” (2022) • FOLLOW
- Makaya McCraven, “Seventh String” (2022) • BUY
- Jesse Tabish, “Castro” (2022) • BUY
- Bala Desejo, “Nana Del Caballo Grande” (2022) • BUY
- Fresh Pepper, “Prep Cook In the Weeds” (2022) • BUY
- M.E. Netzke, “King of Bridges” (2022) • BUY
- Gordon Bennett, “Sunset Avocet” (2020) • BUY
As always, thanks for listening. If you have questions, suggestions, etc. please feel free to contact me. And if you’d like to receive these posts via email, you can sign up here. Take care, and I hope you’ll tune in again soon.