Hello, friends. Due to impending holiday travel, Gray Days and Gold is back rather hotter on the heels of last month’s episode than usual with a sampling of the best new music on offer, focused as always on our ‘M4’ pledge of maximum melody and moderate melancholy. Since it’s time for giving thanks, mine go to the musical artists who follow their unique visions down roads less traveled, and to those who devote themselves to seeking out and promoting those artists for the sheer love of it.
You can listen to this episode via the embedded player just below in this post—if you don’t see it, try turning off your ad-blocker then reloading the page—or on the Mixcloud website, via the Mixcloud mobile app, on your Sonos system, etc.
There’s also a more barebones iteration of this episode’s playlist on Spotify (minus my commentary, as well as songs that are missing from their library).
If you like what you hear, please support the artists. You’ll find buy links to all the tracks in the bulleted list below.
- AstroMike Gordon, “The Mess” (2021) • BUY
- Furrows, “Mirrors” (2021) • BUY
- Cap’n Marble, “Good Intentions” (2021) • FOLLOW
- Admiral Fallow, “Night, Shortly” (2021) • BUY
- Penelope Isles, “Play It Cool” (2021) • BUY
- Laura Reznek, “Rattling Chains” (2021) • BUY
- Strawberry Guy, “I’ll Be There” (2021) • BUY
- Astral Brain, “Treasures” (2021) • BUY
- C Duncan, “Alluvium” (2021) • FOLLOW
- Render Ghosts, “Eye Rhyme” (2021) • BUY
- Elbow, “The Seldom Seen Kid” (2021) • BUY
- William Doyle, “An Apparition (Without Event)” (2021) • BUY
- Miho Hazama, “Green” (2021) • BUY